Join me as we search, gather and harness creative inspiration in our own Inspiration Journal.
What we’ll be doing…
- Sharing together
- Creating space for our creative ideas
- Writing (don’t let this scare you !)
- Playing with paint
- Mark making
- Getting stuck in with our glue
- Paper folding
- Harnessing our inspiration as it arises
At the end of our time together in this workshop you will have created your own Inspirational Journal packed full of your individual ideas, words and images.
We will have faced the blank page together and discovered ways to allow the space and opportunity for our thoughts, ideas , dreams, whatever they may be, to manifest on the page.
Making this Inspiration Journal together, we will use some of the simple but satisfying and effective creative/visual journaling techniques, so if you’re new to this….you’re in the right place. All you need is a bit of courage and curiosity, which is what we all need when we’re trying something new.
I hope that you will discover the joy of trusting the creative process and that we don’t need to know where we’re going before we can start.
What you will need…
- One ( or more) large sheet of paper. Preferably A2 but A3 would do. I recommend white at least 120gsm
- A selection of acrylic paints. These are easily available and relatively cheap. I go into more detail in the details once you’ve subscribed
- Old credit/store card (for ‘painting’ with)
- Collection of images & ephemera (again more details to follow)
- Pva glue
- Ruler (mental )
- Wet wipes/baby wipes
- Kitchen roll ( it can get messy !)
- Darning needle ( or similar )
- Length of thread (twine, embroidery thread etc)
- Scissors/craft knife
- Scrap paper
Hopefully the list above consists mostly of things that you already have around the home. If you’re already into your creative journaling or crafts, you may have lots of other resources that you may wish to use too.
I have made many of these ‘Inspiration Journals’ in the past and still, when I return to them, always find something new that gets my attention in a new and different way to motivate and inspire me. I am looking forward to making a new one with you.
Full details will be emailed to you in plenty of time before the workshop
Maximum 10 participants