Join me to create your own Manifesto
A Manifesto is a whatever you want it to be but broadly speaking, this is my take on it….
A manifesto is a declaration of your core values and beliefs, what you stand for and how you intend to live your life.
It is a statement of your ideals, views, intentions, and values. Your own personal ‘creed’ or owner’s manual.
Why do I need a Manifesto?
What would I do with it?
What purpose would it serve?
I hear you ask.
Personally, I find, particularly when I’m trying new things or experiencing self doubt, my manifesto proves an invaluable resource, providing a reminder, inspiration, strength, affirmation and direction when I need to remember, who I am, what my aspirations are and how my authentic self truly shows up.
These are just a few of the things your Manifesto might be…
- A call to action
- A reminder
- An affirmation
- Brave & courageous
- Full of potential
- A reflection of your most authentic self
- A permission
Sometimes, it’s when we are facing some of the most challenging yet exciting opportunities in our lives, that we need to remind ourselves who we truly are and how we choose to show up in the world. What better, than to be able to return to our manifesto and remind ourselves what, momentarily, we may be struggling to remember….our authentic selves.
All sounds a bit serious and ‘deep’ right ? But we’re going to have fun with this too, exploring, playing and making.
What we’ll be doing…
- Exploring the power of words and how we talk too ourselves
- Creating space
- Digging deep on our courage and integrity
- Gathering words
- Experimenting with images & colours
- Using a variety of simple creative/visual journaling techniques
- Harnessing our potential
- Making a simple ‘container’ for our manifesto
What you’ll need…
- One (or more) large sheet of paper. A3 would be ideal I recommend white around 120gsm
- Your favourite selection of acrylic paints. These are easily available and relatively cheap. I go into more detail in the workshop information once you’ve booked
- Old credit/store card (for ‘painting’ with)
- Collection of images & ephemera (again more details to follow)
- Pva glue
- Ruler (mental )
- Wet wipes/baby wipes
- Kitchen roll ( it can get messy !)
- Darning needle ( or similar )
- Length of thread (twine, embroidery thread etc)
- Scissors/craft knife
- Scrap paper
Max 10 participants
Once you’ve enrolled, full details will be emailed to you in plenty of time for you to gather everything you’ll need
I can’t wait to have you join us for this fun but powerful workshop !